Hey folks, here’s what made the
day month in Lucca’s tech watch this November.
- API Tokens: A tedious survey : an overview of different authentication tokens (jwt & co)
- DDD in a nutshell : a video about the main principles of DDD and why DDD is important in business applications (Vladimir Khorikov)
- New QUERY HTTP verb specification : think of it as a GET with a body
- You probably know SOLID principles. SOLID focuses on internal software architecture. Here is IDEALS. Microservice oriented, with a focus on external software architecture.
- Interface segregation,
- Deployability (is on you),
- Availability over consistency,
- and Single responsibility.
C# 10 / .NET 6 / EF Core 6
Libuv is now removed from AspNetCore.
- you can also find and an obituary note about it
- Example of using .NET 6 minimal APIs : used here to send OpenTelemetry trace data to honeycomb
- .NET 6 example of simpler code : using generic maths, improved string interpolation, all while being 2x faster
- How to migrate from .NET core 3.1 to 6.0
Front & Angular
- Hot reload for .NET 6 is coming to Rider
- Quick tip if your .NET SDKs suddenly disappear
- Another quick tip about dotnet-format
- Thread about making life easier for newcomers to the .NET ecosystem
- MinimalApis.LiquidView : provides some extensions to ASP.NET Minimal APIs that allow to return templated view results using the Liquid language.
- “Show in Test Explorer” feature in VS 2022
- Jetbrains brings us a new IDE named Fleet. C# support is planned for 2022
Cloud and containers
- Azure active directory moves to .NET 6 : many efficiency gains and improvements
- A Kubernetes engineer’s guide to mTLS
- Introducing GKE image streaming for fast application startup and autoscaling
- Distributing Supply chain artifacts with Cloud Native
- Using DockerSlim : nice reduction on docker images size
- 33 Accessibility Statistics You Need to Know
- Forza Horizon 5 will add on-screen sign language interpreters
- (FR) Adapter les outils de travail pour les personnes en situation de handicap
- Assistiv Labs : a handy tool to test how your websites or apps work with assistive tech
- Converting gifs to xlsx files : because, why not ?
- Quick tip : CTRL+SHIFT to run app as an administrator : You can run apps as administrator if you press CTRL+SHIFT before clicking their app icons in the taskbar
- Every company is a metaverse company now.
- Useful APIs on BeOS
- How to exit Vim : because it may happen to you.
- Unicast Use of the Formerly Reserved 127/8 : a good example of a bad idea
- Thread about a bug in Python’s RNG
- MapScii : using OpenStreetMap in terminal
- (FR) Remplacer un faux plancher dans une salle serveurs
- Git tip about –intent-to-add
- A useless box on AWS using lambdas
- Installing windows and linux on the same partition : if you want your daily dose of nightmare fuel
- Alternative BigO notations : definitely better
- Bots war on github
- Lossless Image Compression in O(n) Time
- C++23 will add support for floating point Roman numbers, e.g. III.XIV
- (FR) Le paradoxe de la veille